I always do this. I say I’m going to start keeping a regular journal or blog and then after a while I just let it slide.
Anyway. Here I am again. I’m going to try to pick it up again and also work on some self-esteem and self-love issues in the process.
I feel like I lost myself and the love I had for myself at some point in the void of terror that was my last relationship. I started to question my every move, doubt my every decision, and generally dislike myself. Why? Because someone told me that I wasn’t worthy of love. Told me I was stupid. Told me I was a fat ass. Told me I could screw up a wet dream.
I had no one and I hung myself on those words. But now I’m free. I keep telling myself that. I’m free now and I shouldn’t allow him to have any hold on my past, present, or future. So here we go. Some reasons why I love myself:
- I love myself because I have a good heart. I always put others before myself. I try to improve the lives of people and animals around me.
- I love myself because I am smart. I’m an excellent linguist and language learner. I’ve never met anyone who learns languages at the rate I can.
- I love myself because I’m a great writer, creatively and academically.
- I love myself because I care too much. I always seek justice in the world and strive to strike out injustices when I see them.
- I love myself because I care for my family, even if I can’t see them often. I always do whatever is in my power to help them.
- I love myself because I am a hardworking and responsible person. I take care of myself and whatever I say that I will do.
- I love myself because I love playing video games and meeting new people through them.
- I love myself because I am great with computers and people often turn to me for advice about computer repairs and troubleshooting.
- I love myself because I am beautiful, curvy, and have an amazing smile.
- I love myself because I am a human being, and I afford love to all the human beings around me. So then, don’t I deserve to love myself as well?